Hi my Beautiful Barbies. I am so excited about doing the post because firstly it is my first post in a while, but I will explain now and secondly because it is quiet a big post featuring makeup, nails, swatches and a it is Barbie Beauty SA’s very first giveaway. So lets grab a cup of coffee/tea and meet back up so we can start with the fun.
So I just want to take a small paragraph to apologise for my absence lately, as many of you might not know I am a Law student and I had my examinations the last month so I have been putting all my focus towards that. I am truly sorry but I am back in action now to start blogging again. Yippee.
I am sure all off you noticed the rosegold colour which has been trending all year now, it is a gorgeous soft gold colour with a pink undertone and I have absolutely fallen inlove with the colour. It is feminine and delicate and incorporated into a makeup and nail look it can bring out the girly side in all of us. The following looks are very soft, romantic and subtle making it perfect for a first date when you do not want to scare the bloke away with a painted face or just for an everyday look where you flaunt your natural beauty.
Firstly the manicure, make sure to prep your nails and hands including filing, buffing and neatening your cuticles. The products I used are as follow:
- Essence Gel Nail Polish Base Coat
- Essence Gel Nail Polish No.13 Forgive me
- Essence Gel Nail Polish No.44 On Air
- Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops
- Essence Gel Nail Polish Top Coat
As you can see I painted my base coat and left it to dry completely and painted my nails with the beautiful pink shade. As that dried I painted two coats of diagonal lines in my ring finger, middle finger and index finger, with the glitter On Air polish, just to add a touch of style but not making it overwhelming. It is an easy nail art technique and everyone can do it. I added one to two Essence express dry drops on each of the three fingers and finally I finished it of with the Essence Gel Nails Base coat.
The Makeup look is a very cute and girly, natural look where I used the following main products:
- Catrice All about Rose Eyeshadow Pallete
- Essence XXXL Nude Lipgloss in No.3 Taste the Sweets
Obviously I used all my other goodies like foundation and mascara and so forth but the staples for the look were the following two items.
The Catrice All about Rose palette is a stunning and very versatile palette with shades 6 that can take you from a feminine daytime look to a sultry and seductive night time look. This is the definition of Rose gold. The palette is very compact which makes it so easy to carry around for touch ups and finished with Rose gold text. The swatches are as follow.
I prepped my face with moisturizer and followed with my Loreal True Match Foundation and to set I used my Essence Pureskin Anti-Spot compact powder. I lightly filled in my brows with the Essence Eyebrow kit and then moved on towards my Eyes. From Left to Right, I used the second colour in the palette and covered my entire eyelid with it. I then used the lightest colour to highlight my browbone and the inner corner of my eyes. With my UBU angled brush I took the darkest shade in the palette which is the last colour on the right, to line my upper and lower lash line for definition. I followed with mascara to complete my eyes.
I brushed a peachy blush over my cheeks very lightly just to add warmth and to complete the look, on well moistured lips, I swiped the Essence XXXL Nude Lipgloss in the shade Taste the sweets, all over my lips. This is a beautiful nude, pink undertoned gloss that is shiny and moisturizing and at the same time providing a non-sticky texture on the lips. This is definitely one of my most loved glosses which stays up to three hours and provides a voluptuous look to my lips.
Hopefully I did not bore you to much with this lenghthy post, but now for the fun part…The Giveaway. One of my Lucky Barbies will have the chance to win the following products to create your own Rosegold look. The giveaway includes the following which I have bought with my own cash just to spoil you and say thank you for your support the last 5 months:
- Essence Gel Nail Polish in No. 13 Forgive Me
- Essence Gel Nail Polish in No.44 On Air
- Catrice All about Rose palette
- Essence XXXL Nude Lipgloss in the Shade Taste the Sweets
- a Beautiful Faux white Leather Cosmetic bag with Gold Detailing
To Enter you must do the following Three Steps:
- Like Barbie Beauty SA on Facebook
- Like and Share the Giveaway post aswell as tagging two friends in the comments section.
- Follow Barbie Beauty SA via Email
Please note the following:
- You can Share and Comment more than once for more entries but the comment must contain different tags then the previous one.
- The giveaway is sadly for RSA citizens only.
- The Giveaway will end on the 28th of May 2015 12PM and a winner will be drawn on the 29th.
- Please do not scham by following and unfollowing, I will be checking up on that.
- Goodluck Barbies.
Lots of Love Liza.