Beauty,Lifestyle

Back to Roaccutane

Roaccutane

Sign up to City Girl Searching and you could also have access to STUNNING Stock Photo’s

You might remember, not to long ago I wrote a post on Accutane/Roaccutane which you can read over here and here you will find that I was more than pleased with my results, regardless of the shitty side effects that come with it.

Just a disclaimer: I am still VERY pleased and VERY appreciative towards Roaccutane and what it has done for me physically and emotionally, and that is why I am going on a 3 Month cycle after all these years.

But why Roaccutane? Again!

Well, it is quiet simple actually – after all these years I relapsed. But not like hectic, cystic relapse. No, I am talking about fine pimple reappearing on my cheeks that I for the life of me cannot rid off. So after my consultation at my Dermatologist 2 days ago we decided that for the results and long-term effectiveness I seek that Roaccutane is just the way to go.

Let me Explain…

I am a full-time Law Student, plus a full-time employee, then I blog, freelance, maintain a household, trying to handle this 20 something phase of life and trying to figure out how in heavens name I can receive a payment in an international currency from an international country to a local bank account (PayPal and all that stuff is not an option).  Let’s just say life took a toll on me and well…my skin.

After leaving THE injection my Doc. gave me some tablets that was supposed to initiate my menstruation and in the end I got stuck with the worst breakout and nothing more than that. The breakout never cleared and a 6 week exam didn’t help much either. Even after it still stayed, even worse? I got pimple by my cleavage.

I refused to go back to square one. Come hell and high water – Self Payment Gap on the Medical aid, the R750 consultation does not beat being back to square one.

So what now?

Well I got prescribed a 3 month course for Roaccutane. This time I will document as much as possible and I hope you join me. I am scared since I am older and my body may react differently but I am sending all positive vibes.

The Good? Well now we can see what makeup works and what doesn’t but I can tell you now I can kiss those Matte Lipsticks GOODBYE for a good 4 months.

HELP: Can anyone recommend a good day cream for EXTREMELY DRY SKIN? Plus a Foundation that is NOT MATTE but has AMAZING coverage?

Previous Story
Next Story

You Might Also Like

6 Comments

Lucy
    July 22, 2016 at 5:58 pm

You should try some Isabella Garcia products. I used to struggle with skin so severely dry that it FLAKED. Any makeup just made it look worse. I used the Revitalising face mask ONCE – problem solved. Daily I use their 3 in one night cream and their Fresh solution day moisturizer with SPF 15 and it works.

Liza
      July 29, 2016 at 4:40 am

Hi Lucy – I actually have the entire range, however since my acne stems from genes and a strong family history there are very few products that work.

Gaynor
    July 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Sending you truckloads of good vibes! I know you’ll beat the nasty acne beast. I’m still plucking up the courage for Roaccutane on this side ;-(

Tanya Fourie
    August 1, 2016 at 11:57 am

I have very dry acne prone skin. I used Roaccutane when I was 16 ( I am 23 now) but I had really bad reactions to it. It did the job of clearing my skin, and though I still get relapses from time to time, it is not nearly as bad as before I used Roaccutane. But I use to have an oily skin before the Roaccutane, now I still have the extremely dry skin, it completely changed my skin type.

I use the following products that I LOVE, it hydrates my skin so well, it just makes your skin feel wonderful. I wash my face with a facial cream wash, after I use Vitamin E Hydrating Toner( R 120.00 ) from the body shop, and in the morning I use Rosehip healing facial oil ( R 108.00) with a hydrating cream. In the evening after the toner I use Angel Factory advanced night repair skin serum ( R 175.00) . The Rosehip oil and Angel Factory serum I get from Faithful to Nature, I would definitely recommend both the Rosehip Oil and the Angel Factory serum.

Rivania Pillay
    September 15, 2016 at 3:36 pm

I just got off Roaccutane about 4 months ago. I found the blistex complete moisture lip balm to be really helpful (blue tube). I also used the Bobbi Brown liquid foundation and the Mac pro longwear concealer. My dermatologist prescribed the Vitasure daily moisturiser and I also enjoyed the Body Shop Drops of Youth/Vitamin C moisturiser. I hope that helps!
    x Rivania | The Glam Unicorn

Sarah
    September 17, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Hi hun!

Really hopes this works for you! I’ve recently just come off roaccutane so I’m hoping the good results last! I used no 7 beautiful skin moisturiser which was great as it wasn’t too heavy and found nivea lip balm to be the thickest application (both are pretty cheap too)!

I also struggled a lot with the side effects: dry eyes, nose bleeds, fatigue, blisters, dry lips, dandruff…the works. I started taking the premium capsules from juice plus alongside the roaccutane and my side effects literally stopped in 1 week, it was amazing!

Good luck with it all 🙂 xx